Injury Law Office In Eau Claire
If you or a loved one has been injured, you know all about the stress, physical toll, emotional damage and financial difficulty an injury can cause. Accidents and injuries are unpredictable and can completely disrupt your life. Having to seek medical treatment, talk with insurance companies, miss out on work and deal with the pain on top of everything else in life adds insult to injury. If you or a family member has sustained injury due to another’s negligence, a personal injury attorney can help you recover financial compensation for those losses.
Contact An Eau Claire Personal Injury Lawyer
If you have suffered an injury or been in an accident, please contact an attorney as soon as possible. There are some limitations for when you can settle your claim, start a lawsuit, or give special notice after you’ve been injured. Waiting too long to talk with an attorney to start the legal process could leave you unable to recover compensation for your economic and non-economic losses. For more personal injury cases in Wisconsin the statute of limitations is three years from the date of the accident. However, it is important to speak to an attorney as soon as possible to ensure every opportunity to gather evidence and build the strongest possible cases.
Whether the pain from your injury is immediate, or if the symptoms don’t appear right away, it can be hard to tell if you even have a case. At Nicolet Law Office, S.C., we offer free, no-obligation initial consultations so there’s no cost or risk for you. Contact us in Eau Claire to set up a consultation and discuss your potential injury claim.
Our Eau Claire Personal Injury Lawyers Are A Part Of The Community
While we decided to open our Eau Claire personal injury practice to help people who are going through tough parts of life – whether an injury, disability, or bankruptcy – there’s another reason that we are so proud of the work that we do. That reason? We’re not just helping people in general, we’re helping our fellow community members; our friends, our neighbors, and those who chose to put down roots and live in the same area we do. We are deeply honored to be able to fight for the interests of our fellow citizens of Eau Claire and members of other nearby communities throughout western Wisconsin.
Interested in learning more about how else we serve the community? Check out our Community Involvement page.
Our Results At Nicolet Law Office, S.C.
Our personal injury lawyers at Nicolet Law Office, S.C., have faced all types of personal injury cases. The negotiating, settling and litigating we’ve done over the past 12 years throughout Wisconsin and Minnesota have resulted in millions of dollars won for our personal injury clients. These results and testimonials represent the dedication and care our attorneys have toward our clients and their cases.
Types Of Personal Injury Claims
Injuries that occur due to a negligent person, business, or government may lead to a personal injury claim. Our lawyers in Eau Claire handle the following types of injuries and accidents:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Trucking accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Slip-and-fall accidents
- Neck and back injuries
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Wrongful death
- Dog bites
Why Do I Need An Eau Claire Personal Injury Lawyer?
Insurance companies may try to take advantage of victims who aren’t legally represented by making low settlement offers among other tactics. It’s important to contact a lawyer who specializes in personal injury so you can get the compensation you deserve. There is no doubt that the insurance company will have a skilled team of lawyers looking out for their interests; you deserve the same.
What Is The Process For Seeking Compensation?
Here’s a general list of the steps you might go through for an injury caused by another party’s negligence:
- Consultation and case evaluation
- Determining compensation
- Filing an insurance claim
- Filing a personal injury lawsuit
Note: Not all cases result in a lawsuit; it depends on the insurance company’s response to your claim. If you and your attorney find the insurance company’s offer acceptable for your situation, the claims process is over.
Personal Injury Fees
When working with Nicolet Law Office, S.C., our legal services are on a contingency fee basis. This means that you do not owe an attorney fee unless the case is won at trial or through a settlement, at which time we collect 33%. Make sure all contingency fees are in writing and include provisions for out-of-pocket expenses.
Personal Injury Damages
While the specific damages for individual cases differ, the most common damages in personal injury include medical costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering:
- Medical: People injured due to the negligence of others may recover their medical costs in a personal injury claim. This may include emergency services, ambulance fee, hospitalization, surgery, medication, physical therapy, rehabilitation equipment and other treatment related to the injury. With injuries that have ongoing medical costs, future medical expenses will be considered along with the initial medical bills.
- Lost wages: If your injuries cause you to miss work, you can recover the lost income via your personal injury claim. A victim not being able to go back to work, needing to reduce hours or having to change professions due to the injury, may lead to a claim of loss of future wages as well.
- Pain and suffering: Some additional losses that victims have to endure include pain, suffering, emotional distress and loss of enjoyment of life. These noneconomic losses are harder to determine, but any experienced personal injury lawyer will ensure that they are considered for the victim’s compensation.
An Eau Claire Personal Injury Law Firm With A Convenient Location
Nicolet Law Office, S.C., is located at 402 Graham Avenue in downtown Eau Claire, less than 10 minutes east of Interstate 94. We chose our office location because it is conveniently located for all of the residents of the Eau Claire area, including those in nearby Chippewa Falls, Ludington, Menomonie and Augusta. You can reach our office by using the following driving directions:
- From the north: Take US-53 S toward La Crosse. From US-53 S, take Exit 89 for River Prairie Drive. At the end of the exit ramp, turn right onto River Prairie Drive and follow to a left turn onto Galloway Street. From Galloway Street, turn left onto North Farwell Street. Follow North Farwell Street to the fourth right onto Main Street. From Main Street, take the third left onto Graham Avenue. Our office will be on your right.
- From the east: Take WI-29 west toward Menomonie. From WI-29 W, take Exit 75A to merge onto US-53 S toward Eau Claire. From US-53 S, take Exit 89 for River Prairie Drive and turn right onto River Prairie Drive. Continue on River Prairie Drive and then take a left onto Galloway Street. Follow Galloway Street to a left turn onto North Farwell Street. Follow North Farwell Street to the fourth right onto Main Street. From Main Street, take the third left onto Graham Avenue. Our office will be on your right.
- From the west: Take I-94 E toward Eau Claire. From I-94 E, take Exit 59 to merge onto WI-312 E toward US-12. From WI-312 E, take the ramp onto US-12 E/North Clairemont Avenue. From US-12 E, turn left onto Cameron Street. Follow Cameron Street onto Madison Street. From Madison Street, turn right onto South Barstow Street. Then, turn right on Main Street, and take the next left onto Graham Avenue. You will see our office on your left.
If you are traveling via Eau Claire Transit’s bus service, you can reach our office from either the Barstow and Gibson stop or the Graham and Grand stop. Neither stop is more than a two-minute walk from our office.
Contact An Eau Claire Personal Injury Attorney
We have diligent lawyers in the Eau Claire area and across Wisconsin ready to help you recover and rebuild. If you have been injured as a result of someone’s negligence, contact a personal injury lawyer as soon as you can. Please don’t hesitate to call our office at 715-802-0872.
Eau Claire Office
402 Graham Ave.
Eau Claire, WI 54701