Questions? Search our site:
Recovered For Our Clients
Why Hire Nicolet Law?
Get Our App!
Get our convenient, secure app to
send us legal documents and pay your
bill. Available on the App Store and Google Play:
Meet Attorney Ben Nicolet
Benjamin Nicolet joined Nicolet Law Office, S.C., as an attorney in 2017. Prior to joining the firm, Ben spent summers during law school clerking at the office. Ben handles bankruptcy and personal injury cases across Minnesota and Wisconsin. Ben is admitted to practice law in the state courts of Minnesota and Wisconsin; as well as the federal courts of the District of Minnesota and Western District of Wisconsin.
A Strong Background In Legal Studies And Civil Advocacy
Benjamin graduated cum laude from the University of Minnesota Law School in May 2017. While attending law school, Ben was actively involved in the school's bankruptcy clinic program, where he represented low-income individuals from the Twin Cities in bankruptcy filings and proceedings. Ben also competed in Minnesota Law's Maynard Pirsig Moot Court program and upon graduation, Ben received the law school's Civil Litigation Concentration certificate. Ben is a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute and has co-authored articles for the institute's journal on multiple occasions.
Dedicated To Learning At A Local And Global Level
Benjamin graduated from the University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire in 2013. Between graduating from UW - Eau Claire and beginning law school, Ben spent a year living and teaching English in Kharkiv, Ukraine. During that time, he began learning the Russian language and he continues to study it.
In his free time, Benjamin enjoys spending time with his wife Vilena, bicycling, traveling, and playing chess.
"Clients generally come to us when they feel like their lives have been turned upside down; whether it's from a car accident that has caused them injuries or relentless creditors harassing them day and night. In chaos, there must be calculation. My goal is to be a steady hand for our clients that guides them to financial freedom or recovery."
Areas of Practice
- Personal injury
- Wisconsin, 2017
- Minnesota, 2018
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin, 2017
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 2018
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Juris Doctor - 2017
- Honors: cum laude
- University of Wisconsin, Eau Claire, WI
- B.S., Bachelor of Science - 2013
- Major: Criminal Justice
- Purchasing a New Vehicle? Why You Should Consider Gap Insurance, Nicolet Law Blog (January 8, 2018)
- Parental Pitfalls in the Bankruptcy Code: Discharge Exception for Judgment Against Parent Based On Willful and Malicious Acts of Children, XXXVI AM. BANKR. INST. J. 10-11, 66-67 (August 2017) (with Christopher Soper)
- Statutory Interpretation Merry-Go-Round: Student Loan Cosigner Discharge Then, Now, and Later, XXXV AM. BANKR. INST. J. 22-23, 53 (August 2016) (with Christopher Soper)
- News Interview: Gordy's Market faces $86 million lawsuit, WQOW TV, Eau Claire, WI (August 24, 2017)
- CLE: Parental Pitfalls in the Bankruptcy Code, Minnesota State Bar Association Bankruptcy Section (April 18, 2017) (with Christopher Soper)
Honors and Awards
- Rising Star in the Field of Personal Injury Law, American Institute of Legal Advocates, 2018
- Top 10 Under 40, National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys, 2018
- Civil Litigation Concentration, University of Minnesota Law School, 2017
- Excellence For The Future Award & Property Law, The Center for Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction, 2015