Russell D. Nicolet
Russell Nicolet has always been focused on helping people through difficult situations. He became an attorney and has integrated this personal philosophy into his practice so that he could help people through some of the most stressful situations they will face in life. Russell’s goal in every case is to help his clients get into a better position than where they were prior to contacting him.
Russell’s Legal Practice
Russell has focused his legal practice in the areas of bankruptcy and personal injury in Wisconsin and Minnesota. This focused approach allows him to provide clients with knowledgeable and effective representation while maintaining the personal attention they deserve. Russell has personally handled hundreds of cases from start to finish. He has appeared in courtrooms (including trials), settlement conferences, depositions, arbitrations, mediations and hearings across Wisconsin and Minnesota.
While Russell handles only bankruptcy and injury issues today, he has years of experience in real estate litigation, contract litigation, family law and criminal law, which has given him a unique perspective on how other areas of law may impact his clients’ personal injury or bankruptcy cases. He uses this understanding, along with a network of trusted attorneys who practice in these other areas, to make sure that all of his clients’ legal needs are met.
Strong Ties To The Community
Russell was born in Eau Claire, Wisconsin, and now lives in Hudson, Wisconsin. He was the first in his immediate family to attend a four-year university, and he was the first to attend law school.
Russell comes from a very large extended family that consists of diverse professions such as farmers, businesspeople, teachers, factory workers, nurses, truck drivers, public workers, bankers and many other types of jobs that play vital roles in their communities. By growing up around people in all of these various jobs, Russell gained an understanding of the struggles, issues and needs that different families and individuals face.
Russell has seen firsthand how the odds can be stacked against the average family when it comes to dealing with banks, insurance companies and large corporations. Seeing the injustice that this can lead to, he founded Nicolet Law Office to help level the play fielding and ensure that families and individuals have an advocate to help them through financial issues and injuries caused by others.
“My office is dedicated to helping good people – just like you – get out of difficult situations. We care about our clients, we care about their problems, and we care about helping them find solutions. We don’t just fight for our clients; we help them rebuild their life.”
Founding And Growing Nicolet Law Office, S.C.
Over the past eight years, Russell has grown Nicolet Law Office, S.C., through hard work and results. He has added staff members who share that same commitment. This careful selection has created a dedicated, caring and intelligent legal team.
“I believe that a law office should be a comfortable and helping atmosphere, where clients can come in, tell their story, be heard and then have their attorney develop a strategy to help them.”
Russell and his team have been able to accomplish this goal, allowing the firm to help clients from a variety of backgrounds. They also represent other lawyers when they face injury or financial distress.
Russell received his Juris Doctor from William Mitchell College of Law (WMCL). While a student at WMCL, Russell worked as a law clerk for Miller Law Office and as a judicial extern for Washington County under the Honorable Susan R. Miles.
Prior to attending law school, Russell received his bachelor’s degree from the University of Wisconsin Stevens Point (USWP), where he majored in business administration and political science with a minor in history. During his academic career at UWSP, he managed the Student Legal Services Office and interned for the State Public Defender's Office in Wausau, Wisconsin. After graduating from UWSP, Russell traveled to Sichuan Province in China, where he was a management intern for Hauxing Car Group.
More About Russell
Russell has authored two books: “Get Free of Debt Now – What Your Creditors Don’t Want You to Know” and “The Ultimate Guide to Injury Cases in Wisconsin.” He has also taught continuing legal education classes for other lawyers. When not practicing law, Russell enjoys running, swimming, boating, kiteboarding, wakeboarding, snowboarding and, most importantly, spending time with his wife and three boys.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury, Bankruptcy, SSD, Workers Comp Law Firm
- Litigation & Appeals
- Motor Vehicle Accidents -- Plaintiff
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Worker's Compensation
- Social Security Disability
- Animal Bites
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- 75% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Wisconsin, 2007
- Minnesota, 2007
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin, 2007
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 2011
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Western District of Wisconsin, 2007
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Minnesota, 2011
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- J.D. - January, 2007
- University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point, Stevens Point, Wisconsin
Honors and Awards
- BV rated, Martindale-Hubbell, 2012, 2015
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2013, 2014
- Top 40 Under 40, National Trial Lawyers, 2014
- Client Distinction Award, Lawyers.com, 2013
- Clients Choice - Bankruptcy, AVVO, 2012
- Top 40 Litigation Lawyers Under 40 in Minnesota, American Society of Legal Advocates, 2012
- Top 40 Litigation Lawyers Under 40 in Wisconsin, American Society of Legal Advocates, 2012
- 5 out of 5 Star Client Rating, Lawyers.com, 2011
- Dean's Merit Award Scholarship, William Mitchell College
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Wisconsin Bar Association
- Minnesota Bar Association
- Wisconsin Association for Justice
- St. Croix Valley Bar Association
- Eau Claire Bar Association
- Better Business Bureau
- American Bar Association
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
Pro Bono Activities
- Eau Claire Free Legal Clinic 2011 to Present
- Polk County Free Legal Clinic